a while ago ( last year im sure ) i wrote a journal and did a poll asking what countries you guys put the org members in inside your head cannon. as it turned out most of you actually did this and it was pretty cool to see
its been floating around my head for a while and after seeing a picture of demyx by
i was inspired to get the lead out and so i thought id put it down here.
voile the picture~
What personalities/quirks and back stories do you guys give your hc org members?
for anyone who hasn't read the manga the characters are fleshed out a lot . marluxia is portrayed as vain often holding roses. zexion is portrayed as "surprisingly domestic " meaning hes good at cooking . xaldin has a fascination with dried persimmons . luxord speaks in euphemisms for games
i know they're meant to be emotionless but its obvious they aren't . 1.5 remix did a better job of giving them actual personalizes , i just wish the other games did .
without further ado here are some of the things i always imagine when im writing or making a comic
id love to know what you guys think in the comments down below
- for some reason i think of him as both one of the most normal members and one of the strangest. on the one hand he seems to be ....sane? i dont think hes a crazy person . he seems to know what hes doing, be aware of the consequences and just not care. i think hes pretty laid back though not necessarily lazy. if things are working just fine he'd just go with the flow. "if it aint broken dont fix it " sort of mentality .
- speaking of broken , i think he is a tragic little character. i think hes going to totally lose it when he finds out its Terra aqua loves and not him.
- i always give him a sweet tooth with a particular fondness for cheesecake ( i know it says in the bbs novel terra hates sweet things but shush)
- lastly i have a post kh3 headcannon going right now so i always have him an ansem together as kids ( i really hope SE doesn't get rid of them, they're cool characters if you brought them back as kids it would be great) Xemnas is the older one but i characterize him as the quiet one, like ienzo .
- and i think he speaks Hawaiian. the destiny islands seems like Hawaii to me so i think the Xehanort part of him would remember the local lingo
- to me xigbar is a complete mess-er . he just loves playing pranks and goofing around and hes a master of making his stupid stunts look like actual work
- i characterize xigbar as really smooth and charismatic. he could probably talk you into doing anything .
- however i also think hes REALLY insecure . he hides it behind all that pretend charisma and the jokes . part and parcel of that is that i think hes ...well not stupid. rather intelligent , just that he makes REALLY bad decisions and when hes alone he spends a great deal of time beating himself up over the stupid things hes done.
- please don't hate me for this but ive always thought he and Xaldin/Dilan were "a thing". you can interpret that whatever why you want but for me they are definitely a couple in someway shape or form . i feel like that's the reason why xaldin is so high up in the organization, because braig/wanted him there. high enough that he'd be one of the xeh-clones but not high enough that he'd actually know that. i think some part of braig feels guilty about that but the other 90% is listening to xehanorts "its for his own good" bs
- as ive mentioned before i think hes Italian or of Italian decent. when he was a somebody he had dark hair, skin and eyes which i feel are Mediterranean features (and which i was rather fond of...stupid yellow eyes...)
- i think he is really laid back, more so than xemnas. xemnas' is kind of a professional laid back, but hes always got a plan in the back of his mind in the event something does go wrong. whereas xigbar would just wing it and hope for the best
- i also have him as a slightly broken little ccharacter i hope there's going to be a scene in the game where he just gets hit with the huge realization of what hes done. all that pain is just going to come pouring out...
- i xaldin is a funny one. on one hand i have him as grumpy, intolerant and stubborn on the other hand he can be courteous and at semi-polite to the others. i think he feels the collective of being in the organization more than the others and would be a bit more protective of the others if something threatens them ( with a little of dilan's nobility showing through )
- i think he likes to read , particularly classic literature and gothic poetry ( geez im turning him into emo kid here). i also make him quite domestic , often making him the chef for the org (because who doesnt love a ook)
- i think hes a bit naive in regards to braig/xigbars actions. he knows what braig is like but i dont think he realizes exactly how far braig has dragged him into it. in kh3d i kinda characterize him as a little bit angry and resentful because hes just found out exactly what braig did to them. he spends a lot of time driving the other characters away but really hes just suffering on the inside , quite depressed by the fact someone he used to care about would do this to him.
- i know its ridiculous but ive given him a love of crappy 80s music like abba and cyndi lauper XD. i imagine he sings it it the shower....
- i just going to say this now. i love vexen. to me hes a sweet awkward nerdy little character. i have no problems seeing him tripping over his words and being all tsundere-ish when someone compliments him or getting REALLY excited when something ultra nerdy happens .
- i always portray him as a very nervous character. i think hes a worrier , i gave him a little nervous tick of pulling at his bangs when he's stressed. i also think he shares xigbars insecurity but is much worse at hiding it. he gets flustered easily which leads to people teasing him . when he came back as Even i could see him having anxiety attacks , especially when he found out what xemnas had in mind. he doesn't seem like the forgiving type
- i dont like to admit it but i kinda patronize him a lot in my hc or maybe im just a little over protective . i dont think hes as inept the story makes out but being easily flustered he sticks to one plan too long , trying to make it work even when its obvious it wont . i also have made him a sickly character a few times. not seriously ill, just niggly annoying things like hayfever or allergies , asthma and migraines. just enough to mean he looks a little pale all the time.
- i think of him as a very sweet and selfless character when hes not up on his high horse
- i dont really think about lexaeus much despite my love for the apprentices. i wouldn't say hes my least favorite since i like them all quite a bit, but hes definitely the one i think about least. i see him as quite a caring and protective character , a "gentle giant " if you will. i imagine he would be the one to check in on dilan and even when they were recovering in kh3D .
- i also imagine that he has quite good solutions to problems. but he just keeps them to himself untill hes asked so the others can work it out by themselves, only stepping int if it looks like they're really struggling
- to go with that i think hes a very quietly intelligent character. just as smart as Vexen/Even but he is more secure and doesnt need the validation that Even does
- i dont think he would be visibly fazed by his time in the organization. he might be internally but he would be the kind of person to deal with it in private and focus more on how the others were coping
- zexion is another funny one in that what i think of him can differ quite a lot from cannon material. i love the fact hes a chatterbox despite being so quiet as a child and as a nobody . i think hes a lot more brave than hes given credit for . i know the general characterization of him is as an emo kid but i really cant bring myself to think that about him. he plainly doesnt want to die in khre:com and he seems to spend a lot of the manga joking and being cheeky . hes a strange mix of both mature and childish ....
- i feel like he would be rather devastated when he found out what xemnas and braig had in mind, him almost as much as even and dilan . the organization was the only family he and and find out THAT would just turn his little world upside down . but i feel like he would get over it quicker than them
- i know its strange but i see him as the apprentices leader. i think they'd come to decisions as a group but he would be the one to suggest the winning plan or the one to set the ball rolling . i dont think of him as a typical leader...maybe just the one with the strongest , most outspoken personality.
- i can also see him being very stubborn when he thinks hes write
- i tend to characterize him as very charming and smooth, but hes not necessarily aware of these attributes.
- i feel like i should talk about saix and isa as two totally different characters because thats how i see them. saix is so drastically different from isa in my mind it would be like talking as id ansem and riku were one just because they shared the dark. i do compare them but they aren't the same...
- for me saix is a real stick in the mud. he doesn't tolerate any nonsense , any fun or anyone's little quirks. hes kinda robotic and really unlikable
- however isa on the other hand is one of my favorite characters. i see him as the most selfless person in the game. where braig was willing to sacrifice himself and others to get what he wanted , isa was willing to sacrifice himself to save lea.
- post kh3 i see isa being a traumatized individual , but still lovable. i see him as sweet , kind, quiet and cautious . i think does an excellent job of characterizing him .
- i know this is out of the blue but i really think hes german: is german, is possibly from germany and definitely speaks fluent german.
- just two funny little things: 1 i think he loves horses. hes a excellent horse-rider ( but i always make lea terrified of horses ) 2. he has a serious sweet tooth. he hides it well but he loves all kinds of sweets and cakes and deserts
- i tend to see lea and isa as " 80s kids" i think if you got them talking you'd quickly find yourself talking about saturday morning cartoons like jonny bravo and ren and stimpy . i think both lea and isa are big into video games
- axel/lea is one of the most inconstant characters that i do. sometimes hes a complete ass , a totally unlikable character. sometimes hes tsundere , sarcastic and pouty like you just woke him up from a nap or something. sometimes hes lovable and sweet and acting like an older brother and sometimes hes sedate and passive . i really cant make up my mind..
- the most consistent thing i have about him is he carries a lot of guilt .i imagine that after finding out that braig took isa before they all woke up, the others would keep that information from him because they weren't sure how he'd take it. but even at that i think he'd still suspect something and blame himself. i also imagine he carries a lot of guilt around from roxas and (at least subconsciously) xion.
- i think lea (not axel) would be really into games, but he be really bad at them . something about him being more impatient that isa would lead to him getting killed in games a lot.
- i think hes terrified of both horses and Aeleus .
- i really wish the last half of the organization were characterized better. there's so much they could expand on. like for me demyx is braver than people give him credit for. i think if something or someone truely did matter to him he wouldnt hesitate to leap into action...okay maybe a little hesitation...
- i keep thinking about picture of him as a mermaid. i kinda do and dont want him to be from Atlantis because i want to see him in future games and he wont be if hes is. but on the flip side i think the world really suits him .
- its quite strange but in my hc he has a deaf sister and can speak sign language fluently ~
Luxord / Ruldo? Rolud ? any suggestions?
- there isnt much i can say personality wise. i imagine him as he is already in cannon.
- however i do imagine his home world is still destroyed post kh3d so he would be living in twilight town or somthing...
- i know some people out there are going to kill me when they read this but i think marluxia and vexen are very similar characters . they both obsess about their superiority , they're both very insecure and both incredibly neurotic . marluxia is obviously better at hiding it but i think his reasoning is different.
- bear with me because this is one of the strangest charaterizations i will ever type : i think marluxia has some sort of genetic or in heritable disease (probably from his mother given his feminine appearance ) like huntingtons disease . i think this has lead him to be what he is in an attempt to get back some of the control in his life. like some people become anorexic because controlling what they eat gives them some control back in their lives ? i think that someone (possibly even or larxene) would be the ones to take down the walls hes built around himself .
- post kh3d i think he would seriously struggle with what happened in the organization, with the guilt and the anxiety ( probably having panic attacks like i imagine even would). but that being said i can see him being very friendly towards sora if we meet him in kh3 . maybe there'll be a side quest to help him with something ?
- i dont like larxene but i think id love Relena. i portray her as a really emotionally damaged character whos gone through a lot. if youve read the manga you'll maybe remeber her line thats something like " we dont need our hearts. not having one means it doesnt hurt as much" or something similar.
- but that being said i think she'd eventually be strong enough to over come that
- i kinda think of her personality being similar to Pain from ff-x? is that the one with yuna?
im not going to do roxas and xion but ill maybe do the other cannon characters some other time
and ive just read olver that whole thing...
i didnt mean to write that much. im just bored....